Former Team USA bobsled break woman Seun Adigun, who also ran for Nigeria’s track and field team in the 2012 Olympics, has come together with Akuoma Omeoga and Ngozi Onwumere to form a three-person squad, taking on the challenge of qualifying to compete while establishing a bobsled federation not only for Nigeria, but for the entire African continent.
Last year, the three athletes set out to the hardware store to make history, and twelve months later it paid off because they did it! ESPN has reported that the US-based Nigerian sprinters–who started out with just a homemade wooden sled–are now the first African bobsled team to qualify for the Olympics.
“Our objective now is to be the best representation of Africa that the Winter Olympics have ever witnessed,” Adigun told the Washington Post. That is good enough for us.
It will be only fitting to dust off our Cool Runnings VHS and break into song—”we have a bobsled team“, to commemorate this achievement.
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95